The IAU Advantage as the Best Caribbean Medical School for Students around the World
Whether you seek a more affordable way to achieve your dream of becoming a medical professional or simply want to study in a different locale, it's important to choose the best Caribbean medical school that offers quality education. International American University – College of Medicine provides an innovative program that readies students for a demanding medical career in the US or in other parts of the world.
The American Medical Association predicts a shortage of 63,000 physicians by the year 2014. Due to the limited number of seats available in US and Canadian Institutions, only one in four applicants are actually admitted to medical schools from a pool of over 60,000 applicants each year. Furthermore, it is interesting to note that approximately 25% of US medical residents are graduates from foreign medical schools. International American University - College of Medicine, provides qualified applicants a means of achieving their dream of becoming licensed physicians.
We are aware that there are many Caribbean medical schools to choose from. As educators we encourage you to choose our institution as the best Caribbean med school to help you pursue your dreams of becoming a licensed Health Care professional.
- A Progressive Curriculum - Our state of the art curriculum centers on problem-oriented, case-based teaching methods, allowing students to take an active role in the learning process.
- US University Affiliation - Our affiliation with Texas A&M University-Commerce gives students the opportunity to complete their premedical requirements in as little as 2 years in Commerce, Texas, located about one hour from Dallas.
- Low Student/Faculty Ratio - Maintaining a low student to faculty ratio is fundamental to our teaching methods as a top Caribbean medical school. You will never be just another number at IAU.
- Early Patient Exposure - Our students begin interacting with patients as early as their 1st semester. This exposure to the clinical setting continues throughout subsequent semesters through supervised activities at local clinics.
- Shelf Exams - These exams, given at the end of each course in the Basic Sciences, help prepare our students for Step 1 of the USMLE.
- Fifth Semester in the US - Carried out in a US hospital, this portion of our program allows students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the US medical system and interact with other health care professionals before clerkships, establishing the groundwork for successful completion of Clinical Sciences.
- USMLE Board Review - Integrated into the curriculum, this review ensures that our students are well prepared for Step 1 of the USMLE.
Interested in choosing our institution as the best Caribbean medical school to help you achieve your dream? Visit our admissions page to learn about our application process.