Pre - Med at University of Bedforshire at London, UK
IAU College of Medicine in affiliation with University of Bedfordshire - Luton offers a three, Bachelor of Science (BSc) pre-medical program with a major in Biological or Biomedical Sciences at their campus in London, UK. Students who successfully complete the BSc degree are eligible to matriculate into the Four-Year Doctor of Medicine (MD) Program.
This unique program allows completion of Pre-Medical coursework and obtain a BSc degree from the University of Bedforshire within three years at an accredited UK university. The Three year BSc + Four year MD program offers outstanding high school graduates from around the world to a MD degree within 7 years - straight out of high school.
Admission to the Program
Applicants to the 3 year BSc + 4 year MD program must submit submit completed UoB and IAU admissionsapplications to the US Admissions office located at Dallas, TX.
Procedure for applying to the 3 year BSc + 4 year MD program
- Applicants must submit separate applications and supporting documents for both IAU and UoB with the IAU - Office of Admissions located at 5999 Summerside Dr Ste 220, Dallas, TX 75252.
- UoB application forms can be downloaded from http://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/international/apply/intappform-060611.pdf and IAU application must be completed online at www.iau.edu.lc
- IAU will send to UOB, application materials to the BSc Program along with a copy of Students Passport, Academic Documents, English Language Qualifications, and simultaneously process application materials to our MD program.
- UOB will carefully assess the applications against the following criteria: Academic - A minimum of 55% overall in the Students Year 12 Exams. English Language - English language competence at CEFR Level B2 - IELTS 6.0 or 60% in the students Year 12 English Language Exams
- If the students meet the requirements of the BSc program, UoB will issue the acceptance to IAU and will typically carry the condition of a payment of 50% of 1st year tuition as well as any other stipulations as the case maybe.
- Upon acceptance to the UoB BSc Program, IAU will conduct a personal interview of the candidate and provisionally accept qualified students to the MD program and issue an acceptance letter to the 3 year Pre-Med + 4 year MD degree.
- IAU will liaise with the student and advise them on how to make the payments to UoB and meet any other conditions of their admissions.
- Once payment and all other conditions (where relevant) met, UoB will issue a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which the student can use to apply for a visa to enter United Kingdom.
- CASs will be issued to IAU only. IAU will serve as the authorized point of contact for this program and advice students on their visa application and pre-enrollment queries.
All official documents in original must be sent to:
Office of Admissions
5999 Summerside Dr Ste 220,
Dallas, TX 75252.
- IAU Online Application or printed version by mail
- $100 Application Fee
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement of Medical Education Objectives
- Official SAT or ACT Scores*
- Resume listing extracurricular activities
- Two passport sized photographs
- Official High School Transcripts
Promotion to Four Year MD Program
To be eligible for promotion to the Four-Year M.D. Program, pre-medical students must graduate with BSc in Biological/Biomecdical Degree from University of Bedfordshire and be recommended by the Faculty of Science and be in good academic and financial standing from our UK affiliate.
For more information, please contact:
- Sajith Nandakumar, Director of Admissions, IAU College of Medicine at 1-888.440.4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Simmons, Assistant Director of Student Services, IAU College of Medicine at 1-888.440.4474 or email@example.com
- Tawfiq Wolfe, Head of International Admissions, University of Bedforshire at +44 (0)1582 489326 or Tawfiq.Wolff@beds.ac.uk
Related web links
IAU - UoB signs affiliation agreement
IAU - UoB Pre-Medical Program
IAU Online Application
IAU Information Brochure
UoB Online Application
UOB BSc Biological Sciences Program Details
UOB BSc in Biomedical Sciences Program Details
Contact IAU College of Medicine – Office of Admissions
Texas A&M Campus Tour